Pongal, marks the start of sun’s six-month long journey towards north(Uttarayana). Cleaning house, decorating floor, worshipping catttles, visiting relatives and exchanging gifts are some of the major highlights of this four day festival. Floors are decorated with beautiful kolam rangoli designs using powedered rice. Colorful rangoli are also drawn but the beauty of Kolam rangoli designs for Pongal is unmatchable.
Here we are sharing with you some of the most beautiful Kolam rangoli designs for Pongal. These Kolam designs are creativity of popular rangoli artist.
1. These designs require huge amount of patience and accuracy. Therefore by the use of small dots positions are marked so that one can achieve symmetrical design.
2. Some designs are simple yet attractive and just need a lot of time to complete it. So for beginners this can be the best pick.
3. In Kolam designs traditional round circular designs are most loved. To make it perfectly round you can take help of round stencils and get a perfect circle.
4. If you want to make some unique designs you can use various traditional motifs like of mango, lotus, shankh, elephant and peacock etc. This will help you in reflecting your style and taste.
5. Square shaped designs are rather easy then the round ones. The majestic peacock feather can give your simple kolam design a whole new look.
6. This is a beautiful kolam designs made using mango motif. By playing with the size of the mango motif you can create a whole new design.
7. If your floor has square tiles then this design can be a bit easy to make. Perfect design to decorate huge space.
8. Another mango motif design drawn by creatively placing these motifs. If you are expert in making this mango motifs then this design can become quite easier for you.
9. Beautiful flower design with decorated petals. If you are looking for some quick kolam designs then you can try your hands on it.
10. This highly intricated kolam rangoli design is for the experts. If you want to avoid complex arts then just pick a single circle.
11. You can also draw this beautiful border like kolam design in the corner of your walls. This design can also be made short by reducing the design.
We hope this Pongal brings good luck, wealth and abundance. Also have a look at Kolam Rangoli Designs.